- Bio-Skirt material has been proven to significantly reduce harmful bacteria and polluting hydrocarbons typically retained in stormwater structures—which can help keep beaches, bays, rivers, and lakes safer.
- The Bio-Skirt is constructed of a non-leaching antimicrobial which kills by physical contact as opposed to chemical means—no toxic chemicals leach into the environment—and the antimicrobial remains active indefinitely.
- The combination of the Snout® and the Bio-Skirt is an extremely robust delivery method to reduce many significant pollutants of concern including TSS, Gross Particles, Floatable Trash and Debris, Hydrocarbons, and Bacteria.
- The Bio-Skirt can significantly reduce single cell organisms such as bacteria, fungi, yeast, and algae.[Using Fecal Coliform as an indicator organism, within 30 minutes, Bio-Skirt media was shown to reduce this organism by 95%, and by 100% within 2 hours in standing water. Test tank contained 10.6 US Gallons of contaminated water at 70° F with a ratio of Bio-Skirt fabric to water of 1:322 (Analysis by Test Method SM9222D for Fecal Coliform MF).]
- The media used to construct the Bio-Skirt has been shown to significantly reduce hydrocarbons including Motor Oil/Diesel, Vegetable Oils, Emulsified Oils, and Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs). [0.5 grams of Bio-Skirt material has been shown to remove more than 96% of a diesel/motor oil mixture (9.6g out of 10g) in a sample tank. Emulsified oils have been reduced by 95% (from 140 ppm to 7 ppm) at a flow rate of 100 gal./min. per 1 sq. ft section of Bio-Skirt fabric. Per ASTM Method F726-81, “Sorbent Performance of Adsorbents”, Bio-Skirt media has been shown to adsorb more than 10 times its own weight of 50W motor oil.]
INCLUDES: Installation Kit
Also available in a Single Pack Bio-Skirt (Single Pack)